Northpond’s core principles have guided its approach to the changing retail landscape.
Northpond identifies multiple value creation levers to drive NOI and create institutional quality assets.
Northpond carefully selects what it considers to be well-located, non-commodity properties for repositioning to attract a broad range of potential tenants.
- High barrier to entry, dense urban and infill-suburban neighborhoods with dynamic demand drivers
- Identify areas where people want to eat, drink, live, and work
- Emphasis on historical / irreplaceable properties
- Common area design and aesthetics
- Assets and locations positioned to outperform
- Easily adaptable for multiple uses (retail, F&B, fitness, office, etc.)
- Differentiated experience for customers and tenants
- Manage capital and operating risk through thoughtful lease structuring